HARRISBURG – The Senate Aging and Youth Committee and the Senate Health and Human Services Committee will examine some of the unique challenges facing nursing homes during the COVID-19 pandemic during a joint hearing on Thursday, May 7, beginning at 10:30 a.m., according to committee chairs Senator Judy Ward (R-30) and Senator Michele Brooks (R-50).
Committee members and testifiers will participate remotely, and the hearing will be streamed live at www.pasenategop.com.
The hearing will include testimony from:
- Adam Marles, President & CEO, LeadingAge PA.
- Zach Shamberg, President & CEO, Pennsylvania Health Care Association.
- Mary Kay McMahon, RN, MHA, NHA, President and CEO, Fellowship Community.
- Claire Rodriguez, License Practical Nurse, Homestead Village Enhanced Senior Living.
- Senator John Yudichak, 14th Senatorial District, Northeastern Pennsylvania Nursing Home SOS program.
- Lisa McCracken, Director of Senior Living Research and Development, Ziegler.
- Dr. Rachel Levine, Secretary, Department of Health.
- Susan Coble, Deputy Secretary for Quality Assurance, Department of Health.
- Kevin Hancock, Deputy Secretary for Office of Long-Term Living, Department of Human Services.
Cheryl Schriner (717) 787-5490 (Senator Ward)
Diane McNaughton (717) 787-1322 (Senator Brooks)