HARRISBURG – Local volunteer fire and EMS companies in Huntingdon County will receive a total of $191,735.52 in grant funding from the state, according to Senator Judy Ward (R-30).
The grants were awarded as part of the Volunteer Fire Company and Emergency Medical Services Grant Program, which helps eligible organizations fund facility renovations and/or construction, equipment purchases, debt reduction and training.
“Fundraising is a constant concern for volunteer emergency responders, and every dollar they receive helps them perform their life-saving duties,” Ward said. “I am very pleased that these grants will help each of these organizations get the training, equipment and facilities they need to fulfill their mission of protecting our lives and property.”
Organizations that received grants include:
- Alexandria Volunteer Fire Company
- Huntingdon Regional Fire & Rescue
- Juniata Valley Ambulance Service Association Inc.
- Marklesburg Volunteer Fire Company No. 1
- Mount Union Fire Company
- Orbisonia Rockhill Emergency Medical Service
- Orbisonia Rockhill Volunteer Fire Company
- RW & BT Volunteer Fire Company
- Shade Gap Fire Company
- Three Springs Area Ambulance Service Inc.
- Three Springs Fire Company
- Trough Creek Valley Volunteer Fire Company
CONTACT: Cheryl Schriner (717) 787-5490